Shawna Longo is a General Music Technology teacher and Arts Integration Specialist at Durban Avenue School, in Hopatcong, New Jersey. She has been preparing to go back to school where she will now be teaching her elementary students from a cart. Shawna shares her tips for getting ready to teach in an ever-changing environment.
Links and resources
- Free live monthly training. Register here.
- Ultimate Free Music Tech Resources Guide 2020/21
- Previous podcast episodes with Shawna Longo:
- Shawna Longo’s website
- Shawna Longo’s Lessons in Action page
- Elementary General Music for Various Stages of Return: Ideas and Activities by Amy Burns
- Hal Leonard Virtual Joy of Singing 2020
- Go Noodle
- Denise Gagne’s MusicPlay Online
- SEL Arts
Connect with Shawna Longo
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.