In this episode of the Music Tech Teacher Podcast, I share several music apps for the iPad, which will be useful in your general music classrooms. These are great for both elementary and middle school ages. I recommend that you start with just a few apps, learn them really well so you can use them in an in-depth way, and then add more apps to your repertoire once you are comfortable with the first set. Enjoy!
Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Resources and links mentioned
- Explain Everything
- Flashnote Derby
- Staff Wars
- Staff Wars Live
- NotateMe Now
- See Saw
- i-nigma QR code reader
- Groove Pizza
- Chrome Music Lab
Related articles, videos and podcasts
- Make Your Own Follow the Bouncing Ball Lyrics Videos with Explain Everything
- Transforming The Blues Free iPad GarageBand Project
- Samplebot Promo: Hitting Things
- Using Incredibox To Introduce Remixing
- [Free lesson plan] Teaching Beatboxing Basics with Incredibox
- MTT33: Interactive music posters, word walls and brainstorming with Padlet
- 30+ Fun Ways To Teach The Notes of The Staff Using Technology
- Staff Wars Game: Free Printable Score Cards
- App of the Week: NotateMe
- MTT18: Collaboration, Assessment and Digital Portfolios in Elementary Music – with Amy Burns
- Cherie Herring’s Seesaw page
- 4 Engaging ways to tech-i-fy assessment in music education
- MTT03: 4 Fun formative assessment tools for music educators
Download a copy of the resources mentioned in this episode
Would you like to take a copy of this with you? Click on the download button below and we’ll send a copy straight to your email inbox. You’ll also receive weekly music tech tips and news (if you don’t already). You can unsubscribe at any time.
Midnight Music Community: special rate for MTT podcast listeners
The Midnight Music Community (MMC) is an online space for music teachers interested in learning more about music technology. There are online courses, lesson plans and lots of other resources for Chromebooks, iPads, Macs and PCs. Professional development certificates are available for all training undertaken by MMC members and I am in the Community everyday, personally answering questions and offering advice to members.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Here’s how YOU can help
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with your friends and colleagues. It really helps to get the word out about the show.
I would also be so happy if you would consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.