About this webinar
New to teaching music lessons online? Wondering how to get started and what equipment you need? In this FREE webinar we will go through everything you need, step-by-step.
- Software options
- How to set up your physical space
- How to optimize your audio settings in your software
- How to get started with very little gear
- How to level up your gear when you’re ready
- Housekeeping tips for managing students and parents
- Tips for running your lessons online
- Asynchronous teaching ideas to consider
- What to do if your student has no access to a device and/or limited internet access
Included will be basic “starter” options, plus some more advanced equipment and setup tips. The important thing is that you can get started with what you have now!
Replay of live webinar (recorded March 2020)
Download my slides
Click here to download a copy of my slides from this session.
More free training
- [Replay] School Closures? Tips And Tools For Teaching Remotely
- [Live webinar] Online Teaching Tips and Lesson Ideas for Band, Orchestra and Choir
- [Live webinar] Online Teaching for Studio Instrumental Teachers
- [Live webinar] Online Lesson Ideas for Elementary and Middle School General Music
- You can find other music tech free online training courses (many with PD certificates) on this page
Professional development certificate
Completed this session? Click here and fill out the form to receive your PD certificate.
Connect with me via social media:
Join one of these Facebook groups:
- Music Educators Creating Online Learning
- E-Learning In Music Education
- Educator Temporary School Closure For Online Learning
- Useful hashtags to follow: #schoolclosures #remotelearning #remoteteaching #covid19edu
Join the Midnight Music Community
For personalised help and support from Katie, plus access to a library of courses, tutorial videos, links and downloadable resources, join the Midnight Music Community. We have currently reduced our monthly and annual prices to help out music teachers during this time.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.