Midnight Music Live Online Training Sessions (FAQ)
1. What is a live online training session?
A live online training session (sometimes known as a “webinar”) allows you to attend a presentation run by Midnight Music from any location in the world. You will join the session by clicking on a special link that will be sent to you ahead of time.
Once you join, you will see the presenter and they may also show you their computer screen.
Below: some pics from a live session:
2. How do I join the live training? Do I need to download any software ahead of time?
You will be sent a special link to join the live session. A few minutes before the scheduled session time, click on the link so you can watch the presentation. Please note that you don’t need Skype – we use a different system for these sessions.
You won’t need to download any software, simply click on the link to join. You can join the session from your laptop or tablet device.
3. Will I be on video? Do I need to speak during the session?
You will not need to be on video and you don’t need to speak. The presenter will do the talking (and showing) and you can sit back, relax and listen.
There will also be the opportunity to type questions into a chat window during the session. The presenter will tell you how to do that and they will pause periodically during the presentation to answer the questions that have been posted.
4. What else do I need for the session?
Headphones are HIGHLY recommended so that you can hear the presenter clearly. During the session, it’s best if you find a quiet space to sit so you can concentrate and are not disturbed.
5. What if I can’t attend the live training? Will the session be recorded?
Don’t worry if you can’t be there live. The session will be recorded and the recording will be made available within the next day or two.
Recap of the important bits!
- You will be sent a special link to join the live session – click on that link a few minutes before the scheduled session time
- You can join the session from your laptop or tablet device
- Find a quiet space and wear headphones
- You won’t be on video during the session and you don’t need to speak – sit back, relax and listen!
- You can ask questions during the session by typing into the chat window
- The session will be recorded and made available to anyone who can’t attend