Interested in hosting an iPad workshop at your school?
I’m currently taking expressions of interest from schools that would like to host an iPad Projects for the Music Classroom workshop for teachers in their area. I’ve put together some information below about what’s involved.
If you would like to host a workshop, or have any questions you can send me a message through the contact form on this page (it comes straight to my email inbox).
All the best
The workshop date will be agreed by the host school and Midnight Music.
Workshop length and format
Full-day workshops are 6 hours in length, including break times. The preferred format (exact start/finish time to be agreed) is:
- Session 1 – 1.75 hours
- Morning tea – 15 mins
- Session 2 – 1.75 hours
- Lunch 45 mins
- Session 3 – 1.5 hours
Free workshop attendance for host school teachers
The host school may have up to two teachers attend the workshop at no cost.
Additional teachers from the host school may attend for the regular workshop fee.
Workshop cost for all other teachers
Full-day workshop: $250 including GST per teacher
Early-bird price for the first 5 registrations: $180 including GST per teacher
A minimum number of 10 attendees is required to run the workshop.
iPads and apps for attendees
Each workshop attendee will provide their own iPad and headphones for the workshop. A list of apps required will be provided by Midnight Music ahead of the workshop.
Host school responsibilities
The host school will:
- Provide a classroom with data projector and speakers for the presenter and access to power for the presenter and workshop attendees
- Arrange for a school IT person to be contactable during the session time should the need arise
- Arrange for wifi access for the presenter and all other attendees of the workshop
- Provide an urn that can be used for tea and coffee-making (tea, coffee, milk, sugar and morning tea provided by Midnight Music; participants will be required to bring their own lunch)
- Publicise the workshop event through your local music education networks (ie. emails to colleagues and/or teacher networks, posting in relevant Facebook groups if applicable and so on)
Midnight Music responsibilities
Midnight Music will:
- Handle all workshop bookings and payments
- Handle workshop enquiries
- Maintain contact with workshop attendees regarding workshop details and other requirements leading up to the event
- Liaise with the host school to ensure smooth running of the event
- Prepare training notes and other resources for all attendees
- Provide each attendee with a professional development certificate of attendance
- Publicise the event through the Midnight Music mailing list, Midnight Music website, Midnight Music Facebook page, other applicable Facebook pages and music teacher email lists
Ready to host a workshop?
If you’re ready to host a workshop please contact me by sending a message through the contact form on this page (it comes straight to my email inbox).