Back in January I launched a new course inside my Midnight Music Community called Video Creation for Music Teachers. In the 5-module course, two of the modules cover methods for creating playalong videos. The first technique is a simple one – using Google Slides (or Powerpoint) and the screenrecording tool Loom – and in this podcast I outline the 8 steps you’ll need to take to create your own playalong videos.
Links and resources:
- Sodaphonic free online audio recording and editing
- Video Creation For Music Teachers course
- How to Find Legal Music For Video Projects
- Notation library: free download
- Example playalong videos using the method described in this podcast
- Want to learn more about using Google Slides to create resources? Take a look at the replay of the Google Slides for Music Teachers webinar
- March webinar sign-up page: Super-Useful Chrome Extensions
- April webinar sign-up page: Digital Online Whiteboards
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.