In this episode I talk with my good friend Barbara Freedman – author of Teaching Music Through Composition – A Curriculum Using Technology (published by Oxford University Press) and all-round music technology legend – about setting up your workspace and leveling up the gear you use to deliver your lessons and create teaching materials.
Links and resources
Barb has kindly shared her handout Home Studio For Music Educators which includes details of all the gear and other resources we mentioned in the episode. You can download your copy here: Home Studio For Music Educators
Free live monthly training
- Register here for all upcoming free webinars: www.midnightmusic.com.au/livetraining
- Google Forms October webinar replay page
- All other previous webinars can be found on the Free Training page here
Connect with Barbara Freedman
- Website: http://musicedtech.com/
- Barb’s Facebook page: MusicEdTech
- Facebook group: Teaching Music Through Composition Using Technology
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/MusicEdTech
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.