In this episode of the Music Tech Teacher Podcast, I chat to Amy Burns – an elementary music teacher from New Jersey who also happens to be a well-known music tech expert.
In the last episode I also announced that Amy has just come on board as the Midnight Music Community Coordinator and since she started that role a few weeks ago she has been an amazing resource for members in the community. She has answered countless questions and shared a number of tutorials, tips and resources for members and I’m so pleased to have her in there.
Amy and I cover a few different topics during our chat, but in particular I want to mention her new book has just been published – Using Technology with Elementary Music Approaches.
Links and resources
- Amy Burns’ website
- Amy’s blog post When You Have To Teach Elementary Music From Home
- Amy’s blog post Elementary General Music For Various Stages of Return: Ideas and Activities
- Amy’s book Using Technology with Elementary Music Approaches
- Midnight Music free live monthly training. Register here: www.midnightmusic.com.au/livetraining
- Katie’s Canva course
- Seesaw website
- Seesaw activity library
- New Seesaw course coming soon to the Midnight Music Community!
- Google Forms free webinar
- Digital badging webinar replay
Connect with guest
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.