Continuing with our accessibility theme, I’ve invited Phil Heeley on to the podcast to talk about his work with his business Inclusive Music. Phil has worked with students of all abilities over his 30 year career including the elderly, those with special needs and disabilities, and he also works in mainstream UK education with primary-aged students right through to university age.
Links and resources
- Free live monthly training. Register here.
- Blog Post: How to Use Keezy Classic: Accessible Music Making App
- Blog Post: How You Can Use In-Built iPad Accessibility Settings In Your Music Classroom
- Blog Post: 5 iPad Apps for Music-Making in the Special Needs Classroom
- Podcast: MTT96: Creating Sound Stories with Special Needs Students feat. Alex Rees from Visible Music
- Podcast: MTT95: Music Tech Apps for Special Needs Students
- Phil’s business: Inclusive Music
- Video from Phil’s session at the MTEC conference: Music Technology For Special Needs Students
- Inclusive Music video tutorials and courses
- BandLab for Education
- Podcast: MTT73: Create Music On Any Device for Free With Bandlab
- Rockschool Music Production exams
Connect with Phil
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.