Google Calendar is one of my most frequently-used tech tools. Do you want to learn some tips for using calendar more efficiently and effectively? In the first podcast episode for our Productivity themed month, I share some of the Google Calendar shortcuts and hidden features that you might not have yet discovered.
- Ninja shortcuts for navigating Google calendar
- Why having multiple calendars is awesome
- Tips for adding events to your calendar
- How to let people self-schedule appointments in your Google Calendar within a specific block of time
- Tips for printing your calendar
To quickly move around your calendar, try the following:
- Switch between day/week/month using the shortcuts d, w and m
- Jump to today by pressing t
- Jump to a specific date by pressing g (type the date in the box that opens)
- Use mini calendar on left to select a series of days. Click and drag your mouse over the date range and Google Calendar will jump to that time
Links and resources
- Google Calendar
- Midnight Music live monthly training – register here
- Sue’s Your Success Story inside the MMC (members can read the full story and see Sue’s poster display by logging in)
- Free NASA Sounds and How To Use Them
Looking for More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.