Our theme for this month is on the blog and podcast is holiday professional development for teachers AND back to school ideas since most of you in the northern hemisphere are on your extended summer break.
In the previous episode – number 81 – I shared some free online professional development opportunities that you can pursue at any time of the year. In this episode I share some of my must-read books for music technology in education.
If you’re interested in any of the books I talk about during the episode, you can find the links below.
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links which will earn me a very small commission (at no extra cost to you!). These are all books that I recommend because they are quality resources and any commissions earned go back into supporting the upkeep of this site.
Books mentioned in this episode
1. Teaching Music Through Composition: A Curriculum Using Technology – Barbara Freedman
2. Using Technology to Unlock Musical Creativity – Dr Scott Watson
3. Making Music with GarageBand and Mixcraft – Robin Hodson, Dr James Frankel, Michael Fein and Richard McCready
4. Technology Integration in the Elementary Music Classroom – Amy Burns
5. Interactive Composition: Strategies Using Ableton Live and Max for Live – VJ Manzo and Will Kuhn
6. Essential Music Technology: The Prestissimo Series:
- Digital Organisation Tips for Music Teachers – Robby Burns
- iPractice – Jennifer Mishra and Barbara Fast
- Recording Tips For Music Educators – Ronald E. Kearns
- Technology Tips for Ensemble Teachers – Peter J. Perry
7. Mixing Secrets For The Small Studio – Mike Senior
8. Complete Guide to Film Scoring (Berklee Guide) – Richard Davis
9. Composing Music For Video Games – Chance Thomas
10. A Composer’s Guide To Game Music – Winifred Phillips
11. The Oxford Handbook of Technology and Music Education – S. Alex Ruthmann and Roger Mantie
Download a copy of this list
Would you like to take a copy of this with you? Click on the download button below and we’ll send a copy straight to your email inbox. You’ll also receive weekly music tech tips and news (if you don’t already). You can unsubscribe at any time.
Join our free challenge: 5 Music Tech Lesson Plans In 5 Days!
Join us for the FREE challenge: 22-26 JULY 2019! You’ll receive 5 music tech lesson plans with a full video walk-through and daily live Q & A sessions. All the lessons will work on any device, use free music websites and work for a range of student ages. Sign up here: 5 Music Tech Lesson Plans in 5 Days!