Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
We’re back with another episode of the Music Tech Teacher podcast. We’ve had a bit of a break recently and I wanted to catch everyone up on what’s been going on at Midnight Music recently, some special events that are coming along in the near future and I share a few tech-related things that I’ve been loving lately.
Links mentioned in this episode
- NEW: The Music Teacher’s Guide To GarageBand on iPad course and lesson plans. Available here for members of the Midnight Music Community membership (you’ll need to log in to view the course and lesson plans) OR sign up here to be notified when the standalone version of the course is ready
- The Ultimate Free Music Tech Resources Guide 2019-20. You can access the current 2018-19 guide here (and you’ll receive an email when the new guide is ready)
- Coming soon: the Midnight Music Teachers Pay Teachers store. We’re currently working on setting this up, but you can follow me there so that you’re first to know when we launch
- Free monthly training: sign up here
- Free challenge: 5 Music Tech Lesson Plans in 5 Days. Join the waiting list here
- Google Creatability experiments. Accessible, interactive online music “experiments”
- Line Rider videos – the DoodleChaos channel is here and the Blue Danube video I mentioned is here
- Music Radar samples – the entire collection can be found here. Each collection can be downloaded as a ZIP file. Unzip it to access the individual samples. Some of the ones I like:
- iPad screen recording was discussed in Music Tech Teacher podcast episode 75
Want more tech resources for music teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.