Free Name-Based GarageBand for iPad Lesson Plan (It’s Easy!)
About The Lesson
This lesson is a free sample from my new online course and collection of lesson plans designed especially for the iPad version of GarageBand. It’s a quick project which works well as a “getting to know you” activity at the beginning of the school year, but it could also work at any other time too.
In the lesson – which is titled “What’s In A Name?” – students will:
- Record their spoken name with the GarageBand Sampler
- Record an 8-bar rhythm with their name sample
- Add a drum part using the Smart Drums or one of the other drum creation options
- Add a bass loop from the loop library
You will find two videos below:
- The first is a teacher walk-through video which provides some tips and helpful information about running this lesson
- The second video is a one that you can show your students in class. They will see my GarageBand screen and hear me talking them through each part of the lesson, step-by-step
In addition to the videos, there is a free downloadable copy of the written lesson plan which accompanies the videos and is yours to keep.
Teacher Walkthrough Video
Watch the teacher walk-through video for tips on running the What’s In A Name? lesson.
Student Lesson Video
The lesson video shows students how to create their name-based composition in GarageBand step-by-step.
Get your copy of the lesson plan
Click the button to get your copy of the free lesson plan: GarageBand for iPads – What’s in a Name?
Interested in more GarageBand iPad lesson plans?
This sample is just one of the lessons from The Music Teacher’s Guide To GarageBand.
The Music Teacher’s Guide To GarageBand is a full course AND a collection of lesson plans which has been created just for music educators. By accessing the full course and lessons you will be able to earn a professional development certificate for your learning time. For details about what’s covered in the course modules, and a list of the included lessons, head over to the course information page here.