Lesson Plan Ideas for Music Teachers Using GarageBand on iPad
In this live training session, I shared some of the lesson ideas from my NEW course and lesson plan collection for GarageBand on iPad: The Music Teacher’s Guide To Using GarageBand on iPad coming out June 2019.
The 5 lesson ideas shared during the session are:
- What’s In A Name? (using the GarageBand Sampler)
- Chinese New Year Theme (using the world instruments)
- Dr Seuss Grooves (a Dr Seuss Rap project)
- Classical Smash (remix Pachelbel’s Canon)
- Superhero Movie Themes (a film scoring lesson where students create a soundtrack for a short movie clip)
Looking for even More Resources for Music Teachers?
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.