Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Marc Gelfo is the Co-Founder & CEO of Modacity – an app that aims to help musicians use their practice time efficiently and effectively. In this episode of The Music Tech Teacher Podcast, Marc and I discuss how Modacity works, what it’s like to create a mobile app from scratch and tips for practicing more effectively.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- Free online training course – 9 iPad Apps Music Teachers Love and How To Use Them.
- Modacity Practice App special offer for listeners
- Deliberate practice video featuring Marc and his French Horn (Ruby!)
- Modacity Youtube Channel
- Modacity review and how-to by music teacher Jason Heath
- Article – using Modacity as a teacher
- Thunkable build your own mobile apps
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.