Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Katie Miller, a K-5 music teacher at Hadfield School in Wisconsin, has had some great success running tech-based projects with her elementary students. Recent favourites include digital book reviews in which she showed students how to create soundtracks using GarageBand and a composition project where her grade 3 students composed for grade 3 students at another school in her district. Katie shares her successes during this episode.
Links mentioned in this episode:
- What’s In A Name GarageBand on iPad project
- Sarah Bibee BAG Recorder Method on TpT
- Free training: How To Create An Interactive Wall Display (using QR codes)
- Apple education tools (including the Apple Classroom app we mentioned)
- Guest post: 5 Tips for Managing One-To-One iPads
- Guest post: Using Class Dojo for Music Classroom Management
Connect with Katie Miller:
Hello! I’m Katie Wardrobe – an Australian music technology trainer and consultant with a passion for helping music teachers through my business Midnight Music.
I’m a qualified teacher but no, I don’t currently teach in a school. I help teachers through my online professional development space – the Midnight Music Community – where there are tutorial videos, courses, links and downloadable resources.
I like to focus on easy ways to incorporate technology into what you are already doing in your music curriculum through a range of creative projects. I also run live workshops and have presented at countless conferences and other music education events.
If you want simple, effective ideas for using technology in music education, I would LOVE to help you inside the Midnight Music Community.