In just a few weeks the first International Music Education Summit will take place. It’s a 3-day conference which is purely online – there’s no travel involved, no hotel accommodation to pay for and you can “attend” in your PJs. Founder of IMES Elisa Janson Jones tells me why she decided to launch the event and how she fits it in around her job as a full-time K-8 elementary music teacher, band conductor, and host of the Music Ed Mentor podcast.
Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Links and resources
- International Music Education Summit: 14-16 June. Enter this coupon code for a 10% discount on the registration fee: midnight
- Elisa’s blog: Professional Music Educator
- The Music Ed Mentor podcast
- Elisa’s wrote a guest post for Midnight Music: 5 Ways To Use Powerpoint To Make Your Singing Rehearsals More Effective
- Guide To Thrive
- The Music Booster Manual
- Elisa’s free online workshops and email course
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Would you like to leave a podcast review? If you’re not sure how to do that, you can find some instructions here.
Midnight Music Community: special rate for MTT podcast listeners
The Midnight Music Community (MMC) is an online space for music teachers interested in learning more about music technology. There are online courses, lesson plans and lots of other resources for Chromebooks, iPads, Macs and PCs. Professional development certificates are available for all training undertaken by MMC members and I am in the Community everyday, personally answering questions and offering advice to members.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Here’s how YOU can help
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with your friends and colleagues. It really helps to get the word out about the show.
I would also be so happy if you would consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.