Capture your students’ musical creativity and share it with your school community by creating an interactive display. In this episode – part two of a two-part series – I talk about the ways you can use augmented reality via the HP Reveal app (formerly known as Aurasma) to add a Harry Potter-style video element to bulletin boards, posters and worksheets.
Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Did you miss part 1 of this podcast? You can listen to it here.
Links mentioned in this episode
- HP Aurasma app (also known as HP Reveal)
- Cherie Herring’s – Flipped Classroom Resources
- Cherie Herring’s blog post – Aurasma in the Music Classroom
- Mr. Sanford-Casey – excellent examples of Aurasma use in music education
- Mrs. Dennis – performance examples – elementary classes – wall display (includes parent instructions example)
- Mrs. Dennis blog post: Aurasma in the Music Room
- Shelley Tomich from Pitch Publications – Aurasma in the Music Classroom
- Quick Aurasma how-to video
Midnight Music Community: special rate for MTT podcast listeners
The Midnight Music Community (MMC) is an online space for music teachers interested in learning more about music technology. There are online courses, lesson plans and lots of other resources for Chromebooks, iPads, Macs and PCs. Professional development certificates are available for all training undertaken by MMC members and I am in the Community everyday, personally answering questions and offering advice to members.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Here’s how YOU can help
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with your friends and colleagues. It really helps to get the word out about the show.
I would also be so happy if you would consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.