As someone who uses multiple tech items on a daily basis it’s easy to get frustrated with all the cables, adaptors, plugs and all the other bits and pieces that you need. Over the years I’ve found some ways to organise my tech gear so that things are easy to find and don’t get in the way.
Listen to the episode here (or on your favourite podcast app):
Items mentioned in this episode
- For my Mac adaptors/dongles: Grid-it organizer by Cocoon
- To avoid spaghetti, these Velcro reusable ties are super-useful
- This is the small carry-on suitcase I use (with multidirectional wheels): the Antler carry-on case
- I also have a larger Antler case for my clothes and other travel items
- A laptop sleeve for my 15 inch MacBook Pro
- One of my favourite purchases – packing cubes! I have these Pro Packing Cubes and bought two sets
- I love snap lock bags (zip-lock bags) for anything and everything, especially for toiletries that may leak
- Buy a desk with holes in the top, or have a couple of holes drilled into your current desk on each side
- Use Cable clips for things you plug in and unplug a lot
For more information, take a look at this post I previously wrote: 6 Ways I Organise My Tech Stuff
Please note: some of the above links are affiliate links which means I earn a small commission if you choose to buy the product (it’s no extra cost to you and any earnings go to the upkeep of this website – thank you!)
Download a copy of the resources mentioned in this episode
Would you like to take a copy of this with you? Click on the download button below and we’ll send a copy straight to your email inbox. You’ll also receive weekly music tech tips and news (if you don’t already). You can unsubscribe at any time.
Midnight Music Community: special rate for MTT podcast listeners
The Midnight Music Community (MMC) is an online space for music teachers interested in learning more about music technology. There are online courses, lesson plans and lots of other resources for Chromebooks, iPads, Macs and PCs. Professional development certificates are available for all training undertaken by MMC members and I am in the Community everyday, personally answering questions and offering advice to members.
Did you enjoy today’s episode? Here’s how YOU can help
If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it with your friends and colleagues. It really helps to get the word out about the show.
I would also be so happy if you would consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes. Reviews are extremely helpful when it comes to show’s ranking and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live.