Thanks for attending my sessions today. Below you will find notes and links from the sessions. Click on each download button to receive the notes in your email inbox.
1. Midnight Music Community – Special offer for workshop attendees
The Midnight Music Community is a professional development community for teachers who want to learn more about using technology with their students.
There are 12 full online courses, lesson plans, help and advice all available to you as soon as you sign up. Katie is in there every day personally answering questions and you can connect with other teachers with tech questions and problems just like you.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR NZ WORKSHOP ATTENDEES
Workshop attendees can take advantage of a special offer of more than 20% off the regular subscription prices :
2. Digital Portfolios Session
I wrote a series of posts on digital portfolios in music education which covers all of the things we talked about during the session. You can download a copy of each one by using the button at the bottom of the post:
- Digital Portfolios in Music Education Part 1
- Digital Portfolios in Music Education Part 2A
- Digital Portfolios in Music Education Part 2B
- Part 3 is coming soon!
- Cherie Herring’s Music Tech Integrate site (includes Explain Everything template files and instructions)
- Cheryl Burgmeister’s website and article about digital portfolios
Places to find free images
- Pixabay (my favourite source of public domain images)
- Icons – The Noun Project
- Music notation library
- Guitar chord symbols
- Ukelele chord symbols
- Music fonts
My favourite source of videos is the Internet Archive (Moving Image Archive). Try the Animation and Cartoons, Animation Shorts, Comedy or NASA collections.
My favourite source of music files is the collection by composer Kevin MacLeod on Incompetech. You can search for music by mood or genre. You will need to acknowledge the composer if you use his music in a project.
3. Flipping the Music Classroom Session
1. Flipping the Music Classroom (slides from my presentation)
3. Jing Guide
4. Useful links on Pinterest
Explore the links on Pinterest to find Sibelius, links, film scoring links (look for the Wallace And Grommit videos!), video game music links, iPad links and LOTS more and more.