Christmas Songs Emoji Quiz [Free download]

Christmas Songs Emoji Quiz [Free download]

The Christmas Song Emoji Quiz!

Last night I noticed that one of the posts in the Music Teachers Facebook group was getting a lot of attention.  Teacher Krista Reeder invited everyone to take part in a game of “guess the Christmas song” by using only emojis to depict the title.  A couple of hundred comments later, there ended up being quite a decent list of emoji songs!

Worksheet version for students

I thought it might be useful to collect them and put them into a worksheet format for students in class.  I’ve split the songs into two separate quiz worksheets – verion 1 and version 2 – and each have a different series of questions.  I realise that it might be a bit too late for many of you to use the quiz this year, but you can always save it up for 2017 and beyond!

Tip for those of you with young students

If you have young students that might struggle to answer the questions, you could print out the answer sheet, cut up all the questions and answers and play a game of “match the song to the emojis” (perhaps with just a handful of songs that you are confident they know).

Download your copy of the Christmas Emoji Quiz 1 and 2

Click on the download button below and we’ll send a copy of the quiz to your email inbox. You’ll also receive weekly music tech tips and news (if you don’t already). You can unsubscribe at any time.

Click here to download

By | 2017-02-23T15:19:32+00:00 December 19th, 2016|General, Music Tech Tips|12 Comments

1. Lisa West December 20, 2016 at 4:38 am - Reply

I got my download link, but I keep getting “This site can’t be reached.” Is there another option? I would love to have my 6th grade try this tomorrow!

• Katie December 20, 2016 at 7:53 am - Reply

Hi Lisa! I just tested it and it’s all working for me here. Once you’ve entered your email address, you’ll receive a message with the download link. When you click on that, the file starts downloading (goes straight to your downloads folder). It takes a while because the file is 4.7MB (due to all the emoji images in it!). Perhaps check your downloads folder to see if it went there?

• Mary K. December 20, 2016 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Like Lisa, I, too, got the following message.

Wrong Link

You have clicked on an invalid link. Please make sure that you have typed the link correctly. If are copying this link from a mail reader please ensure that you have copied all the lines in the link.

Hopefully, there is a quick fix, I was excited to try it and get it ready for Thursday.

Thanks, Katie for all the cool stuff you put together for us.

Mary

• Katie January 2, 2017 at 9:26 am - Reply

Hi Mary – sorry to hear you had problems. I’ve sent you an email with a direct link in case that works better!

2. Erika December 21, 2016 at 12:11 am - Reply

I received the e-mail, but the link only brings me back to this page. There is nothing to download.

• Katie January 2, 2017 at 9:26 am - Reply

Hi Erika – sorry to hear you had issues. I’ve sent you an email with a direct link in case that works better!

3. Kathy Kerstetter December 21, 2016 at 12:23 am - Reply

I’m having the same problem. The e-mail sends me back to this page, and when I click “download quiz”, all I get is the popup to enter my e-mail. Then it sends me an e-mail back to this page, and I continue the loop.

• Katie January 2, 2017 at 9:27 am - Reply

Hi Kathy – sorry to hear you had problems. I’ve sent you an email with a direct link so hopefully that will work ok!

4. Jo Barrett December 21, 2016 at 5:14 am - Reply

The last 2 mailings I have not received download links when I sent for them. I have checked in Spam and Junk folders but nothing.

• Katie January 2, 2017 at 9:27 am - Reply

Hi Jo – sorry to hear you had problems. I’ve sent you an email with a direct link so hopefully that will work ok 🙂

5. C December 21, 2016 at 2:29 pm - Reply

Where is the answer sheet

• Katie January 2, 2017 at 9:11 am - Reply

The answer sheet is in the download – it’s a single PDF with multiple pages. The first one is part 1 of the quiz and then the second page is the same thing, but with the answers. The 3rd and 4th pages are part 2 of the quiz.