How do you keep up with music technology news?

How do you keep up with music technology news?

How to keep up with music technology in education

Frequently asked questions

Every week, I receive emails and calls from teachers who need help or advice about using technology in music education and many of you have similar questions.  They are often the same questions that arise during workshops and online courses and also in the What Are You  Struggling With? blog post I published a little while back.

I’ve started to create a new series of videos that will answer some of those questions.

Technology changes so quickly.  How do you keep up?

Is it actually necessary to keep up with new software, hardware and gadgets? I answer this question and more in the video below.

By | 2017-02-23T15:19:35+00:00 September 17th, 2015|Music Tech Tips, Music Technology Resources|9 Comments

1. Neil September 18, 2015 at 10:22 pm - Reply

Great video. No hype!

So nice to be reassured that we can find things out in due course and not need to feel pressured. Pinterest has been sensational – your resources there have largely helped us with recent curriculum development and next year’s budget. Our staff have shared quite a few of your ideas this term.

Thanks Katie.

• Katie October 9, 2015 at 8:35 pm - Reply

Thanks Neil!

2. Tim September 19, 2015 at 6:43 pm - Reply

Love it Katie – I’ve gotta try listening to podcasts in the shower too now!!

• Katie October 9, 2015 at 8:35 pm - Reply

It might extend your time under the water though!

3. Pianoman September 20, 2015 at 6:29 am - Reply

Zinio has a great selection of digital magazines which includes music and instrument focused mags. New audio equipment, instrument technology are also featured. Some even have practice sheet music written by well known performers. I am able to download each issue for free though my local library.

• Katie October 9, 2015 at 8:34 pm - Reply

Thanks! I’m not familiar with that one, but I’ll take a look.
      – Katie

4. Deidre Rooney September 30, 2015 at 2:41 pm - Reply

Thanks Katie !

• Katie October 9, 2015 at 8:32 pm - Reply

You’re welcome Deidre 🙂

5. Music Curriculum | Pearltrees May 27, 2016 at 3:45 pm - Reply

[…] Music with GarageBand and Mixcraft by Amy Burns. How do you keep up with music technology news? | Midnight Music. How do you keep up with music technology news? Frequently asked questions Every week, I receive […]